IMPROVING THE ECONOMY
- Reform of B&O tax system to allow small business owners to keep more of what they earn.
- Review of state’s 700+ tax exemptions to determine which pay taxpayers back
- Exploring mitigation and enforcement for businesses hurt by unfair Oregon business practices.
- The bipartisan effort to replace the I-5 bridge that has the support of our 3 ports, business alliances, a majority of SW WA legislators, city and county governments.
- Affordable short and long-term solutions that improve safety, flexibility and choice such as the bus-on-the shoulder pilot, expansion of voluntary ride- sharing and commute reduction incentives, and an off-peak delivery program pilot.
- Increased investment in job development, training, apprentice and community college programs
- Cutting unnecessary red tape to allow innovation, development, job creation.
CHAMPIONING OUR SCHOOLS
- Personalized learning options, high standards to prepare young people for jobs.
- More investment in career-connected programs in high school and community colleges
- Collaboration with employers to ease transition between high school, job training, or college.
- Full funding of basic K-12 education, lower local levies, better accountability for outcomes.
ELIMINATING WASTEFUL SPENDING
- Prioritizing and funding core services first; government cannot do everything
- Accountability for results, efficiency and innovation; spending produces measurable outcomes
- A more transparent process, open to public comment and scrutiny
ENSURING PUBLIC SAFETY
- Increased opportunities for law enforcement agencies to modernize equipment and training
- Expanded programs of outreach into communities to build strong relationships with all citizens.
- Increased accountability to ensure effectiveness, fairness and efficiency.
Canvass for Kathy in Washougal
Saturday, June 16, 11am-2pm; Sunday, June 17, 1-4pm
Washougal Safeway, 3307 Evergreen Blvd, Bldg 5, Washougal, Washington 98671
Canvass for Kathy in Camas
Saturday, June 23, 11am-2pm; Sunday, June 24, 1-4pm
Camas Safeway, 800 NE 3rd Ave, Camas, Washington 98607
Canvass for Kathy in Ridgefield
Saturday, June 30, 11am-2pm; Sunday, July 1, 1-4pm
Davis Park, 337-411 N 3rd Ave, Ridgefield, WA 98642
Granat Residence Mett & Greet
Sunday, July 22, 5-7pm
2386 36th St, Washougal, WA 98671
Paid for by Committee to Elect Kathy Gillespie (D)
800 NE Tenney Rd., Ste. 110-345
Vancouver, WA 98685