IMPROVING THE ECONOMY
- Reform of B&O tax system to allow small business owners to keep more of what they earn.
- Review of state’s 700+ tax exemptions to determine which pay taxpayers back
- Exploring mitigation and enforcement for businesses hurt by unfair Oregon business practices.
- The bipartisan effort to replace the I-5 bridge that has the support of our 3 ports, business alliances, a majority of SW WA legislators, city and county governments.
- Affordable short and long-term solutions that improve safety, flexibility and choice such as the bus-on-the shoulder pilot, expansion of voluntary ride- sharing and commute reduction incentives, and an off-peak delivery program pilot.
- Increased investment in job development, training, apprentice and community college programs
- Cutting unnecessary red tape to allow innovation, development, job creation.
CHAMPIONING OUR SCHOOLS
- Personalized learning options, high standards to prepare young people for jobs.
- More investment in career-connected programs in high school and community colleges
- Collaboration with employers to ease transition between high school, job training, or college.
- Full funding of basic K-12 education, lower local levies, better accountability for outcomes.
ELIMINATING WASTEFUL SPENDING
- Prioritizing and funding core services first; government cannot do everything
- Accountability for results, efficiency and innovation; spending produces measurable outcomes
- A more transparent process, open to public comment and scrutiny
ENSURING PUBLIC SAFETY
- Increased opportunities for law enforcement agencies to modernize equipment and training
- Expanded programs of outreach into communities to build strong relationships with all citizens.
- Increased accountability to ensure effectiveness, fairness and efficiency.
Canvass in Battle Ground
Saturday, August 18, 10am-1pm
Sunday, August 19, 11am-2pm and 2-5pm
Battle Ground Safeway, 904 W Main St Battle Ground, WA 98604
Phone Bank for Kathy
Wednesday, August 22, 5-8pm
Wednesday, August 29, 4-7:30pm
Clark County Democrats, 10621 NE Coxley Dr Ste 101, Vancouver, Washington 98662
Canvass for Kathy in Washougal
Saturday, August 25, 10am-1pm, 1-4pm, and 4-7pm
Sunday, August 26, 11am-2pm and 2-5pm
Washougal Safeway, 3307 Evergreen Blvd, Bldg 5, Washougal 98671
Schauer Residence Meet & Greet
Thursday, September 6, 5-6:30pm
Schauer Residence, 2119 NW Lake Rd Camas, WA 98607
Camas Community Conversation
Monday, September 10, 6-7:30pm
Camas Public Library, 625 NE 4th Ave Camas, WA 98607
Menashe-Miller Residence Meet & Greet
Thursday, September 27, 5-7pm
6007 SE Riverside Dr, Vancouver, WA 98661
Paid for by Committee to Elect Kathy Gillespie (D)
800 NE Tenney Rd., Ste. 110-345
Vancouver, WA 98685