IMPROVING THE ECONOMY
- Reform of B&O tax system to allow small business owners to keep more of what they earn.
- Review of state’s 700+ tax exemptions to determine which pay taxpayers back
- Exploring mitigation and enforcement for businesses hurt by unfair Oregon business practices.
- The bipartisan effort to replace the I-5 bridge that has the support of our 3 ports, business alliances, a majority of SW WA legislators, city and county governments.
- Affordable short and long-term solutions that improve safety, flexibility and choice such as the bus-on-the shoulder pilot, expansion of voluntary ride- sharing and commute reduction incentives, and an off-peak delivery program pilot.
- Increased investment in job development, training, apprentice and community college programs
- Cutting unnecessary red tape to allow innovation, development, job creation.
CHAMPIONING OUR SCHOOLS
- Personalized learning options, high standards to prepare young people for jobs.
- More investment in career-connected programs in high school and community colleges
- Collaboration with employers to ease transition between high school, job training, or college.
- Full funding of basic K-12 education, lower local levies, better accountability for outcomes.
ELIMINATING WASTEFUL SPENDING
- Prioritizing and funding core services first; government cannot do everything
- Accountability for results, efficiency and innovation; spending produces measurable outcomes
- A more transparent process, open to public comment and scrutiny
ENSURING PUBLIC SAFETY
- Increased opportunities for law enforcement agencies to modernize equipment and training
- Expanded programs of outreach into communities to build strong relationships with all citizens.
- Increased accountability to ensure effectiveness, fairness and efficiency.
Canvass for Kathy in Ridgefield
Saturday April 21 11am-2pm, Sunday April 22 1pm-4pm
Davis Park, 337-411 N 3rd Ave, Ridgefield, WA 98642
Canvass for Kathy in Battle Ground
Saturday April 28 11am-2pm, Sunday April 29 1pm-4pm
Battle Ground Safeway Parking Lot, 904 W Main St, Battle Ground, Washington 98604
Salmon Creek Community Conversation
May 5 @ 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm
Three Creeks Community Library, 800 NE Tenney Rd Bldg C, Vancouver, Washington 98685
Coffee With Kathy House Party
April 22 @ 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Emmett-Palmer Residence, 22721 NE 123rd Cir Brush Prarie, WA
Cooper-Slayton House Party Fundraiser
April 23 @ 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Cooper-Slayton Home, 3925 NW Currawong Ct Camas, WA 98607
Canvass for Kathy in Washougal
Saturday May 5 11am-2pm, Sunday May 6 1pm-4pm
Washougal Safeway Parking Lot, 3307 Evergreen Blvd, Bldg 5 Washougal, WA 98671
Yes, We Can! Campaign Rally
Saturday May 19, 4-5:30pm @ Ridgefield Community Center, 210 N Main Ave, Ridgefield, WA 98642
Paid for by Committee to Elect Kathy Gillespie (D)
800 NE Tenney Rd., Ste. 110-345
Vancouver, WA 98685