IMPROVING THE ECONOMY
- Reform of B&O tax system to allow small business owners to keep more of what they earn.
- Review of state’s 700+ tax exemptions to determine which pay taxpayers back
- Exploring mitigation and enforcement for businesses hurt by unfair Oregon business practices.
- The bipartisan effort to replace the I-5 bridge that has the support of our 3 ports, business alliances, a majority of SW WA legislators, city and county governments.
- Affordable short and long-term solutions that improve safety, flexibility and choice such as the bus-on-the shoulder pilot, expansion of voluntary ride- sharing and commute reduction incentives, and an off-peak delivery program pilot.
- Increased investment in job development, training, apprentice and community college programs
- Cutting unnecessary red tape to allow innovation, development, job creation.
CHAMPIONING OUR SCHOOLS
- Personalized learning options, high standards to prepare young people for jobs.
- More investment in career-connected programs in high school and community colleges
- Collaboration with employers to ease transition between high school, job training, or college.
- Full funding of basic K-12 education, lower local levies, better accountability for outcomes.
ELIMINATING WASTEFUL SPENDING
- Prioritizing and funding core services first; government cannot do everything
- Accountability for results, efficiency and innovation; spending produces measurable outcomes
- A more transparent process, open to public comment and scrutiny
ENSURING PUBLIC SAFETY
- Increased opportunities for law enforcement agencies to modernize equipment and training
- Expanded programs of outreach into communities to build strong relationships with all citizens.
- Increased accountability to ensure effectiveness, fairness and efficiency.
Cascade Park Community Conversation
February 24 @ 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Cascade Park Library, 600 NE 136th St, Vancouer, WA 98684
Camas Community Conversation
February 17 @ 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Camas Public Library, 625 NE 4th Ave, Camas, WA 98607
Battle Ground Community Conversation
March 10 @ 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Battle Ground Community Library, 1207 SE 8th Way, Battle Ground, WA 98604
La Center Community Conversation
March 3 @ 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm
La Center Community Center, 1000 E 4th St, La Center, WA 98629
Canvass for Kathy 18 LD Democrats Day of Action
February 24 @ 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
H.B. Fuller Community Park, NW 139th St, Vancouver, WA 98685
Paid for by Committee to Elect Kathy Gillespie (D)
800 NE Tenney Rd., Ste. 110-345
Vancouver, WA 98685