IMPROVING THE ECONOMY
- Reform of B&O tax system to allow small business owners to keep more of what they earn.
- Review of state’s 700+ tax exemptions to determine which pay taxpayers back
- Exploring mitigation and enforcement for businesses hurt by unfair Oregon business practices.
- The bipartisan effort to replace the I-5 bridge that has the support of our 3 ports, business alliances, a majority of SW WA legislators, city and county governments.
- Affordable short and long-term solutions that improve safety, flexibility and choice such as the bus-on-the shoulder pilot, expansion of voluntary ride- sharing and commute reduction incentives, and an off-peak delivery program pilot.
- Increased investment in job development, training, apprentice and community college programs
- Cutting unnecessary red tape to allow innovation, development, job creation.
CHAMPIONING OUR SCHOOLS
- Personalized learning options, high standards to prepare young people for jobs.
- More investment in career-connected programs in high school and community colleges
- Collaboration with employers to ease transition between high school, job training, or college.
- Full funding of basic K-12 education, lower local levies, better accountability for outcomes.
ELIMINATING WASTEFUL SPENDING
- Prioritizing and funding core services first; government cannot do everything
- Accountability for results, efficiency and innovation; spending produces measurable outcomes
- A more transparent process, open to public comment and scrutiny
ENSURING PUBLIC SAFETY
- Increased opportunities for law enforcement agencies to modernize equipment and training
- Expanded programs of outreach into communities to build strong relationships with all citizens.
- Increased accountability to ensure effectiveness, fairness and efficiency.
Camas First Fridays with Camas Progressives
Friday, July 6, 5-8pm; Friday, August 3, 5-8pm
In front of Rushing Water Yoga, 417 NE Birch St, Camas, Washington 98607
Ridgefield 4th of July Parade
Wednesday, July 4, 10am-1pm
Abrams Park, Ridgefield, WA, 98642
Phone Bank for Kathy
Thursday, July 5, 5-8pm
Wednesday, July 11, 5-8pm
Clark County Democrats, 10621 NE Coxley Dr Ste 101, Vancouver, Washington 98662
Canvass for Kathy in Battle Ground
Saturday, July 7, 10am-1pm, 1-4pm, 4-7pm
Sunday, July 8, 10am-1pm, 1-4pm, 4-7pm
Battle Ground Safeway, 904 W Main St, Battle Ground, Washington 98604
Battle Ground Community conversation
Tuseday, July 17, 6:30-7:30pm
1207 SE 8th Way, Battle Ground, Washington 98604
Retired Public Employees Candidate Forum
July 19 @ 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Clark Public Utilities, 1200 Fort Vancouver Way, Public Room, Vancouver, WA 98663
Clark County Democratic Women Canvass
Saturday, July 21, 11:30am-3pm
Laborers Union Hall, 2212 NE Andresen Rd, Vancouver, Washington 98661
Granat Residence Meet & Greet
Sunday, July 22, 5-7pm
2386 36th St, Washougal, WA 98671
Rep. Monica Stonier VIP Canvass for Kathy
Tuesday, July 24, 5-7:45pm
Felida Community Park, 3798 NW 122nd St, Vancouver, WA 98685
Koi Pond Winery Fundraiser
Tuesday, July 31, 5:30-7:30pm
Koi Pond Winery, 24211 NE 41st Ave, Ridgefield, WA 98642
Paid for by Committee to Elect Kathy Gillespie (D)
800 NE Tenney Rd., Ste. 110-345
Vancouver, WA 98685